Thursday, 9 January 2014

Looking back and forwards














Happy New Year to you all!   It’s incredibly muddy underfoot now that the flood water has receded in the fields and I’ve been making good use of my wellies and waterproof trousers.  I’ve picked out twelve photos from last year to cheer me up this gloomy January and in anticipation of the coming months.  This is a time of planning ahead in the garden.  It's a relief that the days are getting longer, although I imagine that there will be some ice and snow to come before we’re in the clear.
I really enjoyed taking part in How Does Your Garden Grow? in 2013.  In 2014 I plan on exploring some of the grand gardens of Kent and Sussex that are open to the public.  I won a one day family pass  with the National Trust London and South East in December, so may well start with Sissinghurst, which I haven’t visited for years, or maybe Ightham Mote which I’ve never visited.  Decisions, decisions.  In the meantime, back in the real world: it's early starts and school for the kids, long working days/the joys of commuting for Mr Smith and advertising sales for me.

P. S. I gave a photo book to Mr Smith for Christmas, a collection of my best photos taken within a mile radius of the house over the last five years, which he was thrilled with.  I would highly recommend Bob Books to you for photo books.  The quality and service is great and they are made to last.

Here's to the first of many How Does Your Garden Grow? posts in 2014.


Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

12 comments:

  1. beautiful captures. it definitely brightened up the day. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! Made me smile. Love that rose, and the spiders web is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is just what I needed - a colour injection! I was led in bed last night thinking back to all the happy Spring time posts from the linky in 2013 and I smiled to myself, a bit exctied that they are coming round again! Great to have plans of what to do in the year ahead, I too have a cleaer idea of what I want to do with my garden and local places to visit and report back on - happy days!

    Thanks for joining in again and sharing x

    PS. Your new blog header is BEAUTIFUL x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! You are a great photographer! Pinning and sharing!
    Cheers,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So brilliant to see sunshine and blue skies and flowers! Gorgeous photos, looking forward to seeing your snaps in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection of photos to remember last year - and how lovely to see some colour! #HowDoesYourGardenGrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, it's so nice to see such vibrant colour in your photos at this time of year! I love visiting NT gardens, they're such a great source of inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what we need some colour! Really miss it in the winter months :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so lovely to see these photos, they really have brought some light into the day. Here's to lots more beautiful images in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shots are all so vivid, I was getting all confused inside as they were triggering memories of other seasons. I love the silver birches. I wonder if we could fit one in our garden... I'll have a look at the printing company. Always good to see different companies out there. I used to put together a book of photos from the garden when I first started. Firstly, so that I could remember what I planted where. Then, I just enjoyed seeing all the changes and times gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how in love am i right now your pictures are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos that definitely cheered my day - and it needed it with the rain and cold we have now! I bet that photo book was beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete