Thursday, 19 December 2013

Ready for Christmas?




The tree is up and almost decorated.  I say almost, as my beloved husband with mild OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) tendencies likes to rearrange the decorations several times before he's happy with the overall look and symmetry of things.  It is slightly lopsided, so I've wedged the stand with a couple of pieces of cork and hope it doesn't topple over.  Like the garden, the tree is a multi-coloured affair, the main decorations being Uncle Guy's baubles.  It's also fun bringing some old friends out of the attic, such as the snowman who joins us for the Christmas festivities.

Am I ready for Christmas?  I'm possibly feeling too laid back about the whole thing to be honest.  I'm looking forward to some family time together at home and sipping the raspberry vodka that's been infusing over the last few months.  The teenagers still have a Christmas stocking and enjoy a slap-up lunch on Christmas Day.  It's just a giant roast with sprouts; they can prepare the vegetables and clear up.  I'm one of Delia's disciples, following her precise timings for a successful day and thank my mother for giving me Delia Smith's Christmas book many years ago.  I always buy a Christmas pudding I can microwave, probably the only pudding I ever microwave all year.  I've even bought mince pies this year, as Tesco's box of six for £1 are really very good indeed.

Happy Christmas to everyone and a big thank you to Annie, wonderful hostess of How Does Your Garden Grow?  See you all on the other side.

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

14 comments:

  1. i think you have the right attitude about it. and raspberry infused vodka? sounds delicious and i will have to try that. happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are alike when it comes to our approach to Christmas it seems. Raspberry infused vodka - oh hello!

    I just hopped over to read about Uncle Guy's baubles - such a nice tradition. Have a blooming marvellous Christmas and sleep safe tonight in the knowledge that you have given me Christmas pudding mania now *hunger*

    Thanks for joining in again, it's been a good year and thanks for brightening up my weeks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I've so enjoyed your linky and look forward to next year...

      Delete
  3. Raspberry vodka sounds amazing!! Love your little snowman decoration :) Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A late reply and the raspberry vodka has gone. Hope you had a good Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are are approaching Christmas in a perfect frame of mind! Enjoy the raspberry vodka :) Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a lovely Christmas! Happy New Year & back to school today...

      Delete
  5. ooh yes, I love Delia's Christmas book too… though I've never cooked the lunch (we always decamp to someone else's house for that ) :) love that snowman, so cheery! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's good to know that you have the book if you ever have to host Christmas.

      Delete
  6. I think this is the first year I am laid back about Christmas - I didn't even bother pulling out most of our decorations, and it has been kind of nice. Have a wonderfully merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A late reply - I hope you had a relaxing Christmas. I certainly did, but it's back to work today!

      Delete
  7. I try hard to be relaxed. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A late reply, Katie: I hope your Christmas was vaguely relaxing. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete